No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Textured Bowl - Possible SU? ID = "Aztec Candy Dish" item no. A1 197 made in GDR  (Read 6992 times)

Offline robbo

• Members
  • London, England
Re: Textured Bowl - Possible SU?
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 08:30:29 AM »
Thanks Marcus - at least we were in the right part of Europe  :)

robbo
robbo

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 04:28:13 PM »
Thought I would just add some pictures here to confirm the name of this piece. I picked up 3 today all boxed and like brand new doubt they have even been out of the box. The box I would say is late 1970's early 1980's, wording on the box;
Aztec candy dish adds style & beauty to any home item no.A1 197 made in GDR
my mum got real excited as it has the old fashion quality street wrappers not that I remember these :)
michelle

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 04:38:57 PM »
Yay!
I do keep telling folk we don't give up and that we do get there in the end. Thanks so much, Michelle.  :-*

But does GDR refer to Walther or to WMF or... ???

Whoops! edited to point out that I've just realised GDR is not the same thing as Western Germany, which I have written on a label on a bit of quite recent WMF! Geography is not my strong point... :-[, and history is a major failing.

And we're still fumbling about in the dark about Asteroids....
(I can't see any Cracknels in the pic on the dish. They don't make Cracknels any more and they were my favourites! :'(  I got excited too!)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 04:41:28 PM »
sadly no makers name though. so it may be another 6 years till will get a confirmation on which factory

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 04:54:34 PM »
Sue where Cracknels those horrible ones in the blue wrappers. I like the orange and strawberry ones.
I think GDR is in reference to German Democratic Republic former East Germany ?? but my geography is terrible. I am sure it could narrow down dates (but only on this box style).

from wiki, re GDR
"existed from 1949 to 1990"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand