No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Uranium iridescent glass French, Harrach or other? ID = Loetz  (Read 2452 times)

Offline chriss

• Members
Uranium iridescent glass French, Harrach or other? ID = Loetz
« on: November 12, 2012, 08:16:56 PM »
Hi
I picked up this vase over the weekend at a local antiques fair and was wondering if anyone can confirm it's id or any other info about it please?
It has uranium content as it glows under uv black light and has that lime green colour showing through the soft satin iridescent surface which reminds me of glatt decor. There is hand painted or enamelled flowers and gilded detail. No makers marks to the base or anywhere else on the glass. It was sold to me as a piece of french glass similar to Legras, but to me, it reminds me more of the Loetz type glass, maybe Harrach or similar but maybe I'm way off track?
Thanks  :) 

Offline chriss

• Members
Re: Is my uranium iridescent glass French, Harrach or other please? Thanks :)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 03:51:10 PM »
Hi I haven't been on here for a while  but I thought I would just update on my vase I asked about 6 years ago in case someone comes across it. I believe I've eventually solved its id as I came across a near identical image on loetz.com which shows an identical vase PN-II-184 DEK I/12

https://loetz.com/decors-a-z/arcadia

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 09:34:59 PM »
Well worth the wait I guess, well done.

Offline chriss

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 11:38:01 PM »
In fairness it was a total accident I found it as I was looking for totally different glass at the time  ;D

Offline Penelope12

• Members
  • Glass hoarder!
    • Uranium glass
    • England
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 11:53:42 AM »
Thanks for posting this Chriss, you may have just helped solve one of my mysteries. This pair of vases very nearly found their way to the charity shop on a couple of occasions, but it looks as though the one on the left may have had the top ground down. It must have meant a lot to somebody to go to those lengths so I decided to hang on to them at least until I found out who made them. The loetz examples are the closest match that I have found, especially the graduated iridescent finish and the similarity of the bases.

Does anybody else think that they may be Loetz or am I being over optimistic?  ???
"One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart".
~ Linda Poindexter.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 01:32:09 PM »
wow, superb find, and thank you for coming back to us to let us know.
It's fab.

m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand