No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Studio - Mdina? yellow in clear with pale brown swirl, heavy thick, many bubbles  (Read 1085 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
I've never been able to find out where this came from.  I thought it might be Mdina?  maybe an experimental piece or trial...or just oddly finished off on the base, as the pontil mark is ground but not polished and it 'sits' slightly lopsided but firmly on the pontil mark.
The yellow is in clear glass and the pale brown swirl goes round and round.  Massive bubbles and many smaller bubbles in it. Thick heavy glass.
About 5" widex2 3/4" high and weighs 1 1/2lb.
Any thoughts much appreciated - thanks  :)
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
I can't quite make out from the photos if the yellow is created by Silver Chloride, but otherwise, it's screaming;
 "wonky Mdina".  ;D
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
thanks Sue
no, it's not silver chloride, its yellow powders but it's not done in the same way as my yellow and orange verdala
 bowl interestingly.  Not splotches of colour, more swooshes of powder is what it looks like.  I was going to put it in the Studio glass section - would it be 80's do you think?
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
I am now completely clueless.  ;D

Not Mdina at all if it's not silver chloride and as you say, not the really acid yellow of the yellow enamels used in the early orange and yellow splodgy range.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand