No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart perfume atomiser shape NH  (Read 3839 times)

Offline millarart

• Members
Re: Monart perfume atomiser shape NH
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 10:40:29 AM »
very nice, yip thats another different fitting , same collar on the bottle though, so wonder if the fitting and bulb is a replacement as from what ive seen and been told most of the rubber in the bulbs perish, so could be a complete replacement or could be original, so you were the underbidder of this piece, what kinda of money did it make if you dont mind me asking
 heres a pic of the shape NH i have, and which i hope to find a fitting for .
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 09:39:04 AM »
I do not recall exactly how much it went for, but in was in between £200 & £300 as my budget was £250.
The link below is one that sold at the I Turner Monart collection. The one there seems to have the same top as Keith's one.
http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/lot_details.aspx?intObjectID=4149260
Gary

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 10:20:42 AM »
Just an after thought, and this is only a possibility, the company Krinks who made the metal bulb holding fittings for the pre war Monart lamps.
Below is a link to some info from some research that I have done on the company S Krinks of Birmingham.
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,44876.msg277129.html#msg277129
Gary

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 03:18:40 PM »
yeah kinda wondered about the folk that made the fittings but couldnt remember who made them, im sure the fittings will all be standard in the 30s, i shall just have to keep looking on ebay and auctions for an atonmiser with similar fittings, cheers anyway
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand