No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Are these Dancers Murano please?  (Read 2241 times)

Offline adrian44

• Members
Are these Dancers Murano please?
« on: November 17, 2012, 08:36:41 PM »
I have lots of antique and vintage glass but I never really learned about Murano. The man figure stands almost 12" tall. I'm sorry for the poor picture but I couldn't find my other color backgrounds. Thanks you for any help.

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: Are these Dancers Murano please?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 12:12:12 PM »
I'm pretty certain they are Murrano... there are many experts here in GMB that have answered questions on this style of dancing couple and I believe Toffolo was one of the more well known makers. 
Lets hope someone comes along soon to have a look and help you.
Rosie.  :)
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Are these Dancers Murano please?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 03:17:50 AM »
Yes, they are a Murano pair from the late 1950-early 1960s. I don't know who made them, but know they were imported into the US by Jordan Import Co (JICO). It looks like your male may have a break in the leaf around his feet. (I've always assumed it was a male, but wondered if it was a woman in pants. The shape is so feminine.)
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand