Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Trinket Sets

Brockwitz Pressed Glass Vanity Unit - ID = Chinapressung, pattern 42000

(1/3) > >>

Jsbelle:
I have acquired a pressed glass vanity set from my family, I am trying to research it and found details of Service 42000, Brockwitz Chinapressung. My set has the same tray , 1 large and two small trinkets (1 of the small trinkets has a lid missing) and matches the Brockwitz Service 42000 except mine is not coloured glass. Do you know if they made it in uncoloured glass or where I can find out more information about this set?

Jsbelle:
I have acquired a pressed glass vanity set from my family, I am trying to research it and found details of Service 42000, Brockwitz Chinapressung. My set has the same tray , 1 large and two small trinkets (1 of the small trinkets has a lid missing) and matches the Brockwitz Service 42000 except mine is not coloured glass. Do you know if they made it in uncoloured glass or where I can find out more information about this set?

pamela:
Welcome to GMB !

Here is the tray in their 1931 catalogue

Brockwitz' Terms & Conditions state 'hell' = clear white as generously available colour, and as the shape and pattern is so special, definitely Brockwitz, I'd say

Your set is the first I see in white, so thank you for sharing!

:)

Anne:
Hi and welcome to the board. I've collected some details about this set on the Glass Trinket Sets website here:
http://www.glasstrinketsets.com/cms15/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38&Itemid=162 but I've not seen any examples in colourless glass. Could you add photos of yours for us to see please? If you need help with adding pics please just ask below, or drop me an email directly. :)

Jsbelle:
Many Thanks Pamela & Anne, Ive added the photo now and looked through the information you have kindly collected, it says Known colours are:

rosé, seegrün, luftblau, goldgelb, igual  (pink, green, blue, amber, uranium green)

Is there anywhere where I could find out if indeed they did produce a clear glass version?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version