No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Swedish celebrity? cheeses and symbols  (Read 2584 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Swedish celebrity? cheeses and symbols
« on: November 18, 2012, 08:57:14 PM »
Getting nowhere with tracking the couple in the centre of this dish. Very Abba(ish) 70s style...

It is 1986 or earlier and has several mostly Swedish cheeses named... are the flowers Swedish symbols too?

The dish was made in Czechoslovakia but that is probably irrelevant to the subject matter, any ideas?

Offline Daniel S

• Members
Re: Swedish celebrity? cheeses and symbols
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 01:00:36 PM »
what's pop in my mind is Svenne and Lotta
http://hd.se/familj/2005/03/01/svenne_hedlund_60_aar/

But i'm most uncertain.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Swedish celebrity? cheeses and symbols
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 02:45:34 PM »
Did not see those on my hunts so thanks... do you agree they have a pop star look?

but looking at 70s pics she had afro hair in all the pics... I did find a Polish website for Abbas one and only Polish tour, seems this couple were maybe on that tour to. Perhaps another tour in Czechoslovakia... and maybe a Swedish cheese promotion ran at the same time... oh dear grasping at straws...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand