No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Podbira brothers vase  (Read 2328 times)

Offline bOBA

• Members
Podbira brothers vase
« on: November 21, 2012, 08:19:20 PM »
Hello,

I bought this Podebera brothers vase and researching it, I have found they were trading circa 1880's through to the time of the Second World War (after the end of which, a surviving very elderly Podbira brother was sadly murdered). This style of vase is I think suggested as possibly 1930's by Langhamer in his Legend of Bohemian Glass. the books I have seem limited on this subject. Does anyone have confirmation of dates or references to examples of other pieces in catalogues or books by this firm please? The style of the vase seems to me equally perhaps 20's and I would like to see what other produce they almost certainly made, perhaps circa 1900? If anyone has any information I would be very interested to know about it...........

Robert (bOBA)

Offline bOBA

• Members
Re: Podbira brothers vase
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 05:29:19 PM »
Anik kindly sent me the link to this Podbira brothers catalogue, as digitised by Corning: http://www.cmog.org/library/bru-der-podbira-glasfabrikanten-cristall-glas-schleifereien#.UK-xc-1XTm1

Further reseaches may not be easily swiftly possible with Corning, my last enquiry took four months or more to get a reply and even then it was not very useful.

thanks Anik!

Robert (bOBA)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 02:18:04 PM »
All I can add is established 1885.

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 12:10:44 PM »
Thanks Frank, I will keep looking........

Robert (bOBA)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand