No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Two small doppio incalmo pendant lamps  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Two small doppio incalmo pendant lamps
« on: November 25, 2012, 02:58:47 PM »
Two doppio incalmo lampshades, of slightly different shape, both with the first incalmo join at the right height for a golfball bulb, and both with the second incalmo join at the rim, which has also been folded in.

They came with very nasty 1990s silver-sprayed fittings, but so did a few lamps of completely different style/quality from the same seller - so these were apparently later additions. I refitted them with much smarter black Bakelite fittings.

The colours on both lamps are quite Venini-ish... but this might be wishful thinking.

Any clues on factory/age?

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Two small doppio incalmo pendant lamps
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 05:56:18 PM »
In my Murano glass book (themes and Variations 1910-70) there is a vase of 'incalmo' technique attributed to Venini &Co designed by Riccardo Licata,mid 1950's,the colour and shape are similar but my knowledge of Murano glass is tiny so ::) ;D ;D

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 06:15:20 PM »
Aye, those - along with 1950s Bianconi - were the items that put me in mind of Venini when I bought these.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 09:58:47 PM »
Have had Oball production from the 1980s/90s suggested to me as a source of the lamps, but I can't find any any other incalmo with the Oball name attached.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand