Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Scandinavian Glass

Moulded slab w/ 'GS' monogram / logo - possibly Swedish

(1/2) > >>

Pinkspoons:
Large (32cm tall) smoke-coloured slab with impressed logo of the letters 'GS' wearing a hat. There are two dots joined to the hat with two lines - not sure if they're the trema of an umlaut... or a pair of cherries.

???

Unsure whether its use was intended to be architectural, some kind of shop display, a production sample, or something to sit on the sideboard.

neil53:
Hi, I think the GS refers to the current King and Queen of Sweden - Gustaf and Sybella under a representation of the Swedish crown.

Pinkspoons:
Thanks for taking a look.

I'm not sure - the official monogram for Gustaf and Silvia looks quite different: http://www.kungahuset.se/hovstaterna/kungligastiftelser/kungaparetsbrollopsfond.4.1dd8664104bee0ce6e80001198.html

And the hat is more Stetson than crown, I think.

neil53:
On taking a better look you are right.  I only took a cursory glance and it reminded me of an armorial glass I had with the Swedish crown and initials. hence my comment.  Sorry for the bad steer!

Pinkspoons:
A stab in the dark is better than nothing at all, and I had a distracting half-hour reading about the Swedish royal household during my searches.

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version