No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Cenedese Cats  (Read 2613 times)

Offline CathyG

• Members
Cenedese Cats
« on: April 12, 2006, 12:05:55 AM »
Hello Everyone!

I bought the crystal & smoke cat at an antique store, I just fell in love with it. After buying it, I noticed other cats similar but their shorter and not shaped quite the same as the one I bought. I emailed Cenedese but their response was that they don't give out information unless I purchased the cat from them. My guess is these are being re-made or were remade not to long ago? Anyone have any info on these cats?

Many Thanks!

Cathy G
www.glasslanding.com
A Source for Mid Century Art Glass
Lots of Blenko!

Offline Laura Friedman

• Members
    • http://planetglass.net
Cenedese Cats
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 08:23:42 PM »
Hi Cathy,

I've had about ten of these cats.  They all vary slight. Some are short and squat, some are elongated, and the nicest ones are like your crystal cat.

I am fairly confident that they are all Cendese, designed by Antonio Da Ros.

Laura

Offline CathyG

• Members
Cenedese Cats
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 08:59:45 PM »
Thanks Laura, There is a 3" difference between these cats and the pink one doesn't have a tail, the others I've seen like the pink one don't have tails, so I thought maybe they were being remade.
Cathy G
www.glasslanding.com
A Source for Mid Century Art Glass
Lots of Blenko!

Offline Laura Friedman

• Members
    • http://planetglass.net
Cenedese Cats
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 09:02:50 PM »
Hi,

I wouldn't be surprised if Cenedese were remaking them. If it is unsigned, it is pre 1970s unless someone intentionally removed the signature. If it is signed, what's the big difference between 1970s and today? :)

Laura

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
Cenedese Cats
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 04:41:25 AM »
Hi Laura,
I actually had a question about these cats, and just never got around to ask you... I have 2 that have murrines around the middle of their bodies. Is that design also being made new?
Thanks!
Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand