No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Walther Rare Blue Pierette clock and candlesticks for sale  (Read 5824 times)

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
Re: Walther Rare Blue Pierette clock and candlesticks for sale
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 10:26:04 PM »
Hi John
Welcome to GMB!
The clock was made by Walther and is part of their Pierrot and Columbine range of glass which also had a matching dressing table set.
They were made in blue as you can see from my pics green as you have and also pink.
I am a keen collector of Walther and this would look lovely in my collection.....
Nige
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline John Smith

• Members
    • glass
    • England
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 10:40:17 PM »
Hi Nige, and Thanks to You. The glass of Walther is not my field, but I admire this clock greatly. I did wonder if the candle stick holders that I have seen in the past, formed a set? I also think that I have seen a tray with very similar clowns on it. Anyway, this glass clock is the tops!  :) 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 10:54:27 PM »
Hi John
Yes the candlesticks are the same as the clock...these are usually found on ebay but the clocks are harder to find.
I notice you mentioned swaps?
I myself put posts for swaps on here to no avail so I doubt any of the Aussies will swap you as they don't seem to like to part with their glass(But enjoy us parting with ours lol) For many times I have asked for swaps and have only had the odd one or 2 that will but usually this has been from within the UK.
I may be able to find a swap for you or I can offer you a good price and there wouldn't be the added risk of sending it overseas and it perhaps getting smashed or lost in the post....which has happened to me on occasions and Australian post is the biggest culprit I am afraid to say.
Look forward to hearing from you
Nige

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 11:05:27 PM »
Hi again John

This clock will probably worth up to 1k pounds or more if you put  it on auction (ebay) depending on the condition of the clock- don't sell this clock in local auction houses though. Green is the most desirable colour amongst collectors...

Cheers
Brenton

Offline John Smith

• Members
    • glass
    • England
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 11:06:22 PM »
Hey! You are right up my street... Tell me what you have and I shall consider. I much prefer to swap for like for like. Money is not everything and it is good for us to keep our glass here, within like minded collective souls. I'd not thought of that before but it makes good sense. Far too much goes to overseas, and nothing from them comes here. They seem to WANT but will not give. I take my hat off to you Nige.  John.

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 11:09:04 PM »
No worries

Good luck :)...cheers..Brenton

Offline John Smith

• Members
    • glass
    • England
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 11:11:25 PM »
Hi to all... But I do NOT do eBay. With the greatest of respect, I am beyond it and all that it stands for. It is the pits. AMEN

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 11:14:36 PM »
Do a swap with Nigel. Bet he has lots to offer you.

Cheers

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 11:19:22 PM »
Hi John
As much as I do go on ebay it does seem to bring the worst out in people...one example I can give you is I bought a glass centrepiece set on a buy it now and not long after I got a message from seller saying the set had been accidently broken so couldn't sell it.Only for me to find out that they had been offered more money from an Australian that emailed them sneakily after I had bought the item....disgusting behaviour.
I am always happy when I find Walther on my travels and I do have a wonderful contact in Holland that has found me many pieces....a better experience all in all and no fear of being outbid.
You may get some more posts but as you can probably see from Brentons post no offers of swaps as they don't like to swap.
I can guarantee you a good swap or cash or part swap part cash if that's any good?
Nige

Offline John Smith

• Members
    • glass
    • England
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 11:32:54 PM »
Nige, I dislike ePlay and also Playfoul. I have nothing more to do with either of them. Period.
I would quite happily deal with you outside of these domains. I have sent you my private email address. I can be trusted.. OK!  I would also welcome your opinion about other Walther glass from my collection that I think is theirs. Particularly my vase which I think is the Glasgow pattern. I also haver an amber glass centrepiece which I have believe is called a Petri... These things are not my field of collective interest. I collect in in the main R Lalique. Anyway, look at the photos I have sent you. Regards, John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand