No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ysart Bros - YB15 - Today's find!  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Gowdod

• Members
Ysart Bros - YB15 - Today's find!
« on: November 28, 2012, 09:10:25 PM »
 Thought you'd all like to see this. If I can capture a decent picture of the etching on the base of          " made in scotland " I'll post it as it always help to see these things. Best fit I can make at the moment  is Ysart Bros...early piece. Smiled when I saw it, the orange cane is always a good sign and then a row of complex..great.  :)   Can anybody give any guidance on dates etc...It does have the ground out  pontil though.

See next mail I'll post one I've had for a long time but can't date too!

Andrew

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Ysart Bros - YB15 - Today's find!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 12:42:50 AM »
Andrew,

If you have not yet seen it, please see my reply to one of your other threads in which another member has asked for better photos:
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,50448.msg285099.html#msg285099

Guidance on dating Ysart Brothers weights is fairly simple ... 1946 to 1955. That's the period when the company (with a trading name of "Vasart") was in operation and specific dates for weights within that period are unknown. The fact that your weight is etched "made in Scotland" is good proof it being Ysart Brothers period as such etching is not known for "Ysart" weights before or after that period.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand