Glass Discussion & Research. No ID requests here please. > British & Irish Glass

Wedgwood Duck

<< < (2/3) > >>

aa:
My recollection is that Wedgwood Glass actually closed in 1987 but it is possible that the sale to Caithness may have been 1988.

This is based on the fact that in 1987 I took on some ex-Wedgwood glassmakers who had been made redundant when Wedgwood pulled out of glass.

rosieposie:
Now I didn't know the portland Vase Logo was sandblasted Neil... see you never stop learning, do you?

!And I have just bought one of your 1989 Ellies from that era Adam... signed Turnmill... happy me!!

aa:

--- Quote from: rosieposie on December 03, 2012, 08:58:48 PM ---!And I have just bought one of your 1989 Ellies from that era Adam... signed Turnmill... happy me!!

--- End quote ---
Well done! Image? ;-)

rosieposie:
Will post an image when it arrives Adam... OK? Might even bring it with me to show you at one of your open days if I have it by then. 

Paul S.:
quote from Neil........."The Portland Vase mark was actually sand blasted I believe, rather than acid etched.  This was for safety reasons".         
Just thought it might be of interest to say that according to Susan Tobin, ALL Wedgwood marks were 'sand etched'  -  although it's probably better to say sand-blasted, otherwise there might be confusion. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version