Author Topic: Preety Signed Egg Parperweight any ideas by who?? ID = Anthony Stern  (Read 481 times)

Offline glasskillian

• Members
    • england
Purchased by my dad who thought he might have found another piece of mdina for my collection , Im unsure as its not a colour im aware of the signature has thrown me also i cant make head or tail of it. The piece is 33/4" tall and has a small broken pontil scar to the bases middle hope someone might know who made it thanks.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
Re: Preety Signed Egg Parperweight any ideas by who??
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 06:20:22 PM »
Can you try rubbing a tiny bit of talc over the signature and taking a clearer image of it?
I have a strong suspicion it might read Anthony Stern, but I really can't see it quite well enough to be sure or to compare it.
Cheers, Sue (M)

Three Wise Women would have asked for directions, arrived on time, delivered the baby, cleaned the stables and made a casserole...

And there WOULD have been peace on earth.

Offline glasskillian

• Members
    • england
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 12:33:20 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply on this post im thinking you may well be correct with the idea of stern, Ive tried a different angle with talc it is difficult to photograph as it has been signed so close to middle sort of on an angle hope it helps more thankyou...

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 01:09:54 PM »
Have a banana  ;D - Anthony Stern, absolutely. (I've compared it with my confirmed and correct signature on a plate)
Cheers, Sue (M)

Three Wise Women would have asked for directions, arrived on time, delivered the baby, cleaned the stables and made a casserole...

And there WOULD have been peace on earth.

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com
Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk