Author Topic: Preety Signed Egg Parperweight any ideas by who?? ID = Anthony Stern  (Read 457 times)

Offline glasskillian

• Members
    • england
Purchased by my dad who thought he might have found another piece of mdina for my collection , Im unsure as its not a colour im aware of the signature has thrown me also i cant make head or tail of it. The piece is 33/4" tall and has a small broken pontil scar to the bases middle hope someone might know who made it thanks.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
Re: Preety Signed Egg Parperweight any ideas by who??
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 06:20:22 PM »
Can you try rubbing a tiny bit of talc over the signature and taking a clearer image of it?
I have a strong suspicion it might read Anthony Stern, but I really can't see it quite well enough to be sure or to compare it.
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline glasskillian

• Members
    • england
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 12:33:20 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply on this post im thinking you may well be correct with the idea of stern, Ive tried a different angle with talc it is difficult to photograph as it has been signed so close to middle sort of on an angle hope it helps more thankyou...

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 01:09:54 PM »
Have a banana  ;D - Anthony Stern, absolutely. (I've compared it with my confirmed and correct signature on a plate)
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words
Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com