No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Uranium Opalescent Rigaree/Trailed Bud Vase I.D Request  (Read 49993 times)

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Re: Uranium Opalescent Rigaree/Trailed Bud Vase I.D Request
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2013, 03:29:19 AM »
Hi M, Yes that is exactly right.

Aside from having physical possession of the tall piece in spatter, I have images of 2 of the Oxblood pieces. The one from the auction posted here which has the Ruckl label, that the auction owner allowed me to use, and the one posted in CW, which is a different piece of glass, but the same as the auction example. I compared those two examples to each other, and also to my spatter example. The user that posts in CW, and has also posted in this thread, does not believe in ever allowing anyone to use their images, although the same user posts images in CW that are not theirs.

I always respect GMB policy about image permissions. I would make note that in the US, where both the CW poster and I are located, I can legally use a percentage of their images without express permission for educational and research purposes. It is out of respect for the GMB that I do not do so on the board. 

It is also my understanding that Fair Use laws in the US are different from regulations in the UK and other regions.

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2013, 10:42:34 AM »
I'm going to have a look through my images.  I'm sure I had a vase with trailed rigaree spiral but I can't remember what kind of foot it had.  Did I send you pics of that one?
m

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2013, 01:18:57 PM »
Hi M, Yes you did. It was a honeycomb example with a different foot.  The piece on the left in this comparison. This was used in an article I did ion CW, that I have been remiss in putting up on my website. It discusses the pitfalls of using simple shapes and not examining every detail. similar to the comparison of the foot design in the discussion above. It would be easy to miss the difference in crimp count if one were not paying attention.

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2013, 05:27:03 PM »
A recent acquisition in a decor not often seen. The tri-lobed heart example, the top of which is shown in the second image on the right, is an example which was badly damaged in shipping. I hung on to the remnants and glued what I could together for the purpose of research study.  I am including an image of the damaged vase as it appeared when purchased. Images used with the permission of the seller.

The appearance of the decor on the distinctive tri-lobed heart shape provides confirmation that the decor was by Welz. I have never seen an example of the tri-lobed heart shape in a decor linked to any other house through any supportable research.

The example in the first image is one I acquired recently in the same decor, but in a shape I have never seen before.

This is a new shape which I believe is Welz. The example stands at the same height of approx 7.5 inches. This is a similar height to the tri-lobed heart designs, which vary slightly with the applied feet.

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2014, 05:42:18 PM »
A new pair of Welz vases in a familiar decor and a new shape.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2014, 06:06:32 PM »
Is that aventurine? not seen any Welz with aventurine,got my eye on a pair of ox-blood trophy vases,if they're still there, ::) ;D ;D

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2014, 06:14:41 PM »
It is green glass with finely ground mica.... they seemed to like that a bit....

bfg

« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2014, 08:54:21 PM »
ooh, they've got the same dimples as my one Craig  :)

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,52402.0.html

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2014, 10:56:19 PM »
I forgot about yours....  here they are side by side... 

Thanks for the reminder....  and it really helps to confirm the ID on yours also.....

Craig

bfg

« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2014, 09:52:15 AM »
excellent  ;D

I'm trying to sort out a selection of trophy vases I seem to keep acquiring at the moment and an oxblood thing on a stem too - would you mind casting your eyes over them for me Craig?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand