Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Bohemia, Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic, Austria

Uranium Opalescent Rigaree/Trailed Bud Vase I.D Request

<< < (33/35) > >>

bfg:
thanks Craig, will do- it has to stop raining here soon lol

bfg:
finally got me, my camera, the glass and daylight all together in one room  ;D

obscurities:
The pair certainly look like what I refer to as Cadmium Spatter by Welz. A fairly unique color combination in a spatter decor. The other vase is a classic Welz shape in a color combination I have not seen before, especially the interior color.

I would say they are all Welz production.

Thanks... Much nicer pics too!!

OK to copy and use them?

Craig

bfg:
thank you for your prompt response Craig, much appreciated. As always, you are more than welcome to the pictures  :)

obscurities:
On page 11 of this discussion I posted a burnt orange decor which I have suspected for a long time is Welz. Immediately following that post John posted a very organic form in the same decor, at that point in 2013 it was unidentified.

I recently have come into possession of a Welz trophy vase in a shape confirmed with about 5 or 6 different décors. That trophy vase is the same décor as the examples on page 11 shown by myself and John.  The trophy vase, I believe, was sold to a refiner who applied the metal base and the white enameling.

I am of the opinion that this trophy vase supports the idea that Welz made the décor, and that both my example and John's are Welz production.  I am posting a couple of image showing my trophy vase, the Vase of John's, and also a couple of other Mica infused décors by Welz.

The green example is actually on a shape which has been identified with discovered production literature as being by Welz.

I would also note that the two example I own, and the one by John, are the extent of pieces I have seen in the décor.

Well..... that only took 4 years!!  :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version