No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Uranium Opalescent Rigaree/Trailed Bud Vase I.D Request  (Read 49846 times)

Offline dirk.

• Members
Re: Uranium Opalescent Rigaree/Trailed Bud Vase I.D Request
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 05:57:47 PM »
The museum in Nový Bor also attributes some striped vases like yours as Welz production.
Surely - just another pointer... The longer I collect the more I become reluctant to 100%
statements. At any time a successfull design and technique may have been copied within a
short time by others who had the means and skills, too, I suppose...  ::)
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 12:21:31 AM »
Your comments are appreciated and yes! there has been some ambiguous comments regarding this vase, however, I can understand some of the reasons.  It is of course difficult to attribute this vase to any one maker.   I am currently still trying to obtain information and do understand that this can take some time.   Whilst browsing today, I manage to find a vase that is very similar to mine.  There is limited amount of info. however, the vase bares every resemblance.  The overlay and filigree and most importantly the shape of the vase, seems to me, that it could be made by the same maker? ::) Mmmmmmm!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/art-of-glass/7554662854/in/photostream/

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 07:17:50 AM »
IMHO that one is most likely a Harrach life light (examples of which I showed earlier). Yours is not a life light though

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 01:02:26 PM »
Hi Christine,  I am aware that my vase is not a Harrach Life Light.  Having read the other comments and carried out my own research and based upon, the more than useful information gathered , I am still convinced  the vase has all the qualities of being Harrach.  That is not to say it is though and would like to make that very clear, as I am no expert on the subject matter.   I've, yet again, reviewed the Welz and Ruckl design as an area of possibility, and as stated before, I cannot see any resemblance, unless I am looking in the wrong place ::).  I would most definately elliminate Ruckl from my line of enquiries, unless stated otherwise.   In view of this, I am enlclined to follow the same thoughts as Dirk in relation to this uncertainty.

The museum in Nový Bor also attributes some striped vases like yours as Welz production.
The longer I collect the more I become reluctant to 100%
statements. At any time a successfull design and technique may have been copied within a
short time by others who had the means and skills, too, I suppose...  ::)

Unless any other information comes to light.  I would label/describe this vase as Bohemian, late 1800's  ;)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 01:18:23 PM »
As I said earlier
very possibly Harrach. They seemed to like this stripey stuff.

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 10:10:09 PM »
Thanks! Christine,   Yours and other GMB members comments and info. have most certainly helped me.   At least I can narrow it down to Bohemian, possibly Harrach.....................  just to keep out of line of fire by 'Operation Ebay............ I mean Operation Eagle Eye'  ;D.   Thanks for all your help.

Offline krsilber

• Members
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 03:42:18 AM »
Here are a few examples of Harrach vases in a similar vein.  Sorry about the poor photo quality.  This is at the Passau Museum.
Kristi

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

- Albert Einstein

Offline azelismia

• Members
    • The Gilded Curio; a personal collection
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 08:04:10 AM »
life light.. I've never heard of that. how cool. I thought they were very weird shaped vases.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 11:06:23 AM »

Offline glasskillian

• Members
    • england
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 02:44:51 PM »
Have found this post very informative and the link to the fairy light/christmas lights threw some light on a piece i own so thankyou very much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand