Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Scandinavian Glass

Help required with Swedish Controlled Bubble Lamp Christina

(1/5) > >>

redlamp:

Hi there,

I have just discovered this terrific site after searching for hours on the web for some information on a lamp I have.

The knowledgabel people on here may be able to provide the answer I am having so much difficutly in finding.

I haven't any photos ready to post as I wanted to ask 2 questions, one concerning the photos themselves.

OK re photos, the lamp has been sitting, unattended for MANY years & has acquire a lot of dust, the brass fittings are naturally oxidise or darkened like all unpolished brass.  The lamp itself is VERY dusty, should I clean it before photographing or photograph it 'as is' then clean it carefully [just the glass] to give a better view of the beautiful claret/ruby red colour ?

Re the lamp itself, it is in Australia, it stands 16cm high measuring only the glass section x 36cm circumference.  It has a label which is very worn but I am just able to read it with an eye glass. It reads CHRISTINA  MADE IN SWEDEN - above the christina is what could be described as the spokes of an umbrella or lines eminating from a map in a convex manner, all beinning at a singular point in the centre of the label. The label is oval, gold with gold lettering for christina & black for sweden.

It weighs a tad under 2kilos. It is cased glass - clear over ruby, with a dynamic controlled bubble pattern throughout the ruby section, the base is clear, the sides have [sorry, not sure of the terminology here] protruding pieces like someone has run their finger up into the glass whilst still wet leaving deep indentations which end in little 'cliff overhangings'..

These 'indentations' are quite long & zig zag as in one up one down, like stepping stones.

Apologies for my poor description.

I will attempt to post some images tomorrow. I will be using photobucket australia is that suitable for this site ?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts & help
redlamp

Lustrousstone:
Welcome to the board. Dust it so we can see the detail (dust always looks a zillion times worse in photos). Then please use the attach facility so that the photos stay with the thread as a reference. You might delete the photos and Photobucket is always changing things so that even if you've done nothing your photos are no longer visible.

Resize high res photos take against a plain white background (and cropped so we have plenty of lamp and little background) so that the longest dimension is 700 pixels.
there is help to be had here http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,6522.0.html

redlamp:
Hi again,
apologies, I couldn't get back to this yesterday.

I have taken quite a few photos so will give link to photobucket but also ATTEMPT to add a photo here. I just have to work out where the attatchment button is.

http://s1290.beta.photobucket.com/user/12isadora12/library/

I hope I have done that correctly, it is the email & IM link as I read HTML links are not accepted here.

I find the ATTACH area won't allow me to paste any links from photobucket so I don't know what else I can offer you.

cheers

Ivo:
This works well - even if people here prefer to stay away from third party hosts as they tend to lose content and the thread becomes redundant.

I think it is an Aseda lamp foot designed by Bo Borgstrom. Google images will reveal pages of colourful Aseda glass and you will find a decanter of very similar construction there. Hopefully someone else will chime in and confirm this - because others have worked in this style too.

Lustrousstone:
You can only attach photos from your computer not from an external host site; it works the same way in effect as uploading pictures to Photobucket or an email

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version