No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help required with Swedish Controlled Bubble Lamp Christina  (Read 10092 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Help required with Swedish Controlled Bubble Lamp Christina
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 09:50:33 AM »
Just list it on ebay Australia but tick the sell worldwide box; we can't all sell through ebay US.
Then post a link in the marketplace. The postage is likely to outweigh the value for anywhere outside Australia but anyone desperate will bid. Taxes are the buyer's problem.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 01:31:52 AM »
Sorry to come in late, but just to reinforce what Swedish mom wrote: This lamp is by Augustsson for the Swedish company Aseda.  The Johansson and Orrefors is a little bit of a red herring.  These two quotes are from a previous thread. The first quote is from me and the second quote is from Daniel S, a long time Orrefors worker.

"Interestingly, Modernistglass.com, who are pretty reliable, describe one of the pieces they sold this way:
"It's Swedish art glass from the town of Orrefors. This one isn't signed but a couple of other pieces in this design that we have owned (one in the same jet black) were signed and/or stickered FA.W.Johansson Orrefors. "FA" in Swedish stands for "Firm". The firm of W.Johansson was a business that bought and sold glass. We're not sure if it was only from Orrefors or from other glass factories and studios as well. Its founder was, a former hairdresser named W Johansson. They had their own engravers and marked most of the pieces that they sold with signatures and stickers."

from Daniel S:

Name is Walter Johansson, former hairdresser in Orrefors. He bought pieces from ie SEA, added a engraving or just his signature and sold it as his own.

He has NOTHING to do with THE Orrefors factory. Orrefors wanted him out of business but the name orrefors is not copyright protected.
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2015, 12:58:26 AM »
Does this compare at all with the signature ?

Orup is for the designer Bengt Orup

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand