No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help required with Swedish Controlled Bubble Lamp Christina  (Read 10093 times)

Offline redlamp

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • sweden swedish glass
    • australia
Re: Help required with Swedish Controlled Bubble Lamp Christina
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 10:42:39 AM »

Swedishmom, thank you so much, I tried & tried to research this, googled till I dropped, looking at every art glass website I could find with my limited knowledge of the market place.  Saw a lot of the Bo Borgstrom pieces but never felt absolutely sure it was by him, you have just verified that little bit of doubt I had.

So is there a reference book, or catalogue for Orrefors, that depicts / outlines this particular design ?

CHRISTINA is in large letters across the centre of the label [the label is very different to anything I have seen of Bo B's which is where my initial doubts came from.

Again swedishmum, thank you !

Hello there. Will try to clarify this. The lamp is NOT designed by Bo Borgström. This model was way before he was hired as the chiefdesigner at Åseda. I would say the 50:es. I guess that the production identification would be C-37 with a height of 200 mm. It came in following colours, brown, green, blue and red. An alternative would be nr 999 in the same colours added with clearglass. This model came also as vases and was often labelled/marked with F WA Johansson, Orrefors. But that was a retailercompany and not a glassmaker. Best wishes and congratulation to a lovely piece of glass.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 03:05:08 PM »
It's not Orrefors, as Orrefors is a place as well as a glassmaker; in this case where the retailer was. I think it's probably still Aseda; at least that what I deduce from what Swedishmom meant.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 12:45:44 PM »
Could the label read Christiania ,,,, a town in Sweden ?

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 02:42:46 PM »

Offline Swedishmom

• Members
  • Mostly interested in Åsedaglass-knows a little....
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 06:15:52 PM »
Lustrousstone - I have never seen this particular label before. So, I do'nt know why and what it means. Maybe Christina is a company/shop with its own label made.  And johnphilip Christiania is a very special part of Copenhagen in Denmark.  :P

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 07:31:11 PM »
Yes got the Tee shirt , but i am a good lad now , i believe there is one in Sweden also  , God Jul .har det bra .

Offline Swedishmom

• Members
  • Mostly interested in Åsedaglass-knows a little....
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 12:34:23 AM »
Johnphilip, sorry to tell but in Sweden we have a city named Kristianstad and it's situated in tha southern part of Sweden in the county called Scania.
God Jul to You too.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 11:38:49 AM »
I was probably thinking of the old capital of Norway , lots of senior moments!!!!!!!!  The Dansk one sounds good tho .

Offline redlamp

• Members
    • sweden swedish glass
    • australia
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 12:40:58 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone !! Hope you all had a truly lovely day & are really enjoying the silly season.

I've certainly had a relaxing & stress free time so far !!

Just to let you know I will be listing the lamp on ebay australia - probably february 2013. I will keep you all informed when I list it.

It is gorgeous, but I have so many lamps I really have nowhere to place it that does it service. It was my grandparents & I have NO idea how it came to be theirs, probably purchased in Sydney in the 50's when they lived in Coogee or Randwick..

I notice the link between posts asking us to use This Link To List Your Items On Ebay...I will have a look at that & see if I can figure out how to use the link.  I wish I had joined the boards earlier, as I have sold A LOT of gorgeous glass on ebay already. You possibly all saw it or bought it, but at least this way I will be keeping you informed of when it is listed.

In all honestly what do you experts feel is a realistic price for the lamp ? If you don't mind my asking. 

I know everyone loves a bargain but I would like to use the money to pay for some goodies for my mum [who is all but blind now], so would like to receive a fair price for her parents' lamp.

Happy New Year !!

Offline redlamp

• Members
    • sweden swedish glass
    • australia
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 12:48:40 AM »
Just looked at the ebay link, that is the US site & I have no idea how to set the postage FROM australia in their postage costs.

As the lamp is in the 4kg area packaged it would be very expensive to post to overseas & ebay have limits as to what you can place in the postage sections. As it would appear as 'being in the US' they probably wouldn't allow me to set the postage as HIGH as it would need to be, or would they ?

Also, if selling from australia, as a PRIVATE Seller, would I have to add any taxes to the lamp ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand