No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: A unique trinket set, please help me to solve the puzzle. - ID = Ernst Buder  (Read 1292 times)

Offline wy699usa

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass collection
    • United Kingdom
Hi All,

I bought this set from someone, and the deep cuts and shiny contrasting colours are gorgeious.

Please help me on ID it.

Thanks,
Peter

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline theElench

• Members
    • Art Deco
    • England
Re: A unique trinket set, please help me to solve the puzzle.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 06:01:06 PM »
All the pieces are made by Ernst Buder circa. 1960 and they can all be found in the catalogue on Pamela Wessendorf's  Pressglas site.

The catalogue is rather confusing, added to which they also seem to have sometimes sold their pieces on a "pick and mix" basis.  This set appears to one of those, the tray (catalogue number 267) and bowl (cat. no. 435) are not shown in the catalogue as being parts of any set although they could well be going by the decoration. 

To them have been added a candlestick (cat. no. 350) sometimes associated with another set of mixed pieces and a pin dish (cat.no. 580) from the set of the same number.

Personally I think the 1960 catalogue was made up from at least two previous editions with some parts of both omitted and possibly some new additional material added.  It certainly makes their sets interesting as well as beautiful!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline wy699usa

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass collection
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 09:29:44 PM »
Many thanks for so detailed information. I will check out the 1960 catalogu. Take care, Peter

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Jayne

• Members
    • Trinket Sets, Uranium, Varied,
    • England, UK
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 06:06:13 PM »
No wonder I had deja vu posting earlier, this set is discussed in an older topic where I posted similar links;

https://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,51755.0.html

The candlesticks 3521 in the older thread are stylistically a better match whereas the stick 350 is usually seen with the matching pot in the set here;

https://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,48336.0.html

So all Ernst Buder, but somewhat of a marriage of designs I'd say.
Please help identify Mystery Glass Trinket Sets
https://www.glasstrinketsets.com/Gallery/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand