No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Air twist Stem Glass Stockport Golf Club  (Read 947 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Air twist Stem Glass Stockport Golf Club
« on: December 11, 2012, 01:08:25 PM »
Hi, does anyone know the make of this glass. It is purely out of curiosity. The Glass is15.5cm in height and a 6.5cm diameter lip and foot. It seems to be fairly well made and the air twist looks, to me, to be well done. The pontil mark looks to have tool marks (I may be wrong  :) ) I got it in a box of other glass and it seems such a shame to let it go to waste. I will get in touch with SGC to see if they want it. Any clue or pointer is welcome. Thanks.
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Nemmie

• Members
    • South East England
Re: Air twist Stem Glass Stockport Golf Club
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 05:23:46 PM »
"A stable mind in adversity" what a great motto for a golf club.  :)

Looks like a nice glass to me. They were founded in 1905 if that helps anyone with I.D
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
― Henry Ford

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Air twist Stem Glass Stockport Golf Club
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 07:09:40 PM »
quote............."The pontil mark looks to have tool marks (I may be wrong)"...........
I believe the expression 'tool marks' refers usually to those lines around the bowl or foot - caused by tools that the maker used to form the shape.       Can't see too clearly, but the marks to which you refer might just be the remains of the air spiral as it exits the underside of the foot - or alternatively some remnant of the pontil scar which hasn't been neatly ground/polished out.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand