No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: French Art Nouveau Perfume Flacon, Unknown Maker  (Read 2668 times)

Offline msiscoe

• Members
French Art Nouveau Perfume Flacon, Unknown Maker
« on: December 07, 2012, 05:43:51 PM »
Hello,

I recently purchased this French Art Nouveau Perfume Flacon, and wonder if anyone knows the maker/brand?

It bears a molded Made in France underneath.

It's very nice with the stopper having a grape vine motif highlighted with sepia patina. These frequently show
up attributed to Rene' Lalique, however, it is not cataloged anywhere.

Many thanks,

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: French Art Nouveau Perfume Flacon, Unknown Maker
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 06:11:23 PM »
Hi Sorry to keep asking for more photographs but is it possible to have a clearly lit photograph of the stopper and the made in France mark with the stopper one against a white background please?
It would help to be able to see the sepia tone and how it is applied on the stopper.
thanks
m

Offline msiscoe

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 06:36:13 PM »
These are the best photos I could get....the Made in France is extremely faint, and actually it was molded twice to the bottom, the other is even more faint.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 06:42:49 PM »
I have something quite similar which wasn't catalogued either - at least not in the Lalique registers but it turned out to be designhed for Coty in the 1930s. The packaging glass does not always turn up in the luxury list ... but there is good information with the various Lalique collectors esp. in the US.

Offline msiscoe

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 06:46:41 PM »
Yes, the quality of the molding/sepia patina all point to Lalique, however, the guys at RLalique.com have said it is not his.....

Offline msiscoe

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 01:29:06 PM »
I spoke again with the administrator at RLalique.com, and he feels the fact that the stopper is only finished on one side is beneath the artistry of Rene' Lalique, and there is no record of this flacon in the company records as well...as a matter of fact, there is no reference to this flacon anywhere....it remains a mystery

Offline msiscoe

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 04:44:55 PM »
The administrator over at RLalique.com sent me a link to this auction, with identical stoppers:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/4-bouchon-en-cristal-de-qualite-Lalique-283grs-les-4-/271076821121?pt=FR_YO_Art_Autres&hash=item3f1d700881#ht_500wt_1024

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand