No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help to ID Glass Bowl  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Help to ID Glass Bowl
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 10:28:55 PM »
Maryam, I've merged your original request with the one from today as duplicate requests for the same item confuse us.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline tony5card

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass
    • london
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 10:42:31 AM »
hi again everyone,

Thank you for all your help (sorry John I missed your help back in December)

From the supurb Walter Giltert Sculpture to now the TK MAXX  both ends of the spectrum, sorry for asking but happy at the result.

How one name can make a big difference. I searched (TK MAXX Glass) last night - I found some similar ones being sold in a London Boutique (via an internet search) and saw a similar one in the backround of one of the photos, obviously all they said about the pieces were 'hand blown'.

Thank you all  again - I will be listing it at half the price I found probably this weekend on Ebay but i have just weighed it and before packing it weighs an astonishing 4 kilos almost so international shipping will be high.

Kindest Regards
Maryam

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 11:40:45 AM »
For competitive prices on heavy parcels for domestic and international post I always check: http://www.parcel2go.com/

There are other brokers offering the same service too.

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline tony5card

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass
    • london
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 11:49:04 AM »
Thanks John,

Yes I have looked at them before - for international I use Transglobal (if EEC country I try to use someone else out of protest because for these their quotes do not include VAT, and i believe they should be transparent).

Last month I had to send a good Maling Bowl to southern Ireland I couldn't get it delivered for less than about £25, in the end the client had it delivered to Northumberland (her Brothers).

Life would be a whole lot easier if we had one shipper to do all our deliveries but like insurance we find you generally have to shop around (obviously we have to do our best for the client even if the are paying for it).

Maryam

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand