No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ysart flower previously doubted is back on e-bay  (Read 6389 times)

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
Re: Ysart flower previously doubted is back on e-bay
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »

Me too - I got the same response "I do not believe or agree this paper weight is fake because it was assessed as genuine last week by two independent experts." 

I have asked the seller to tell me who these independent experts are, as I will probably know them....I doubt I will get a reply.

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Nick77

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 01:56:24 PM »
No reply to me asking the same question either. When originally posted under her other user name she first reliisted as a fake then withdrew it from sale. In messages to me after I explained my purchase and refund of the same weight and showing her the links to Frank and Kevin's sites showing it was a fake she was going to contact the auction house to request a refund. I offered further info if needed.

I'm guessing she was fobbed off by Boldon auctions so has decided to relist it.

Incidentally Frank if my images on the first thread are of use for the fakes section of your website please feel free to use them, or I can send the originals.

Nick

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 02:08:30 PM »
Yes please.

Notice Item specifics - Blown Glass, 1930s/40s  :-X

Offline RAY

• Members
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 05:05:49 PM »
just had some photos of the weight and a bigger photo of the PY cane .. as we all know its defo the fake one lol  .. so why cant they use the bigger photos on ebay? because they know its a fake
cheers Ray

Offline Nick77

• Members
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 06:31:18 PM »
Frank, did you mean you'll use the images posted on here or you'd like the originals?

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 11:06:37 PM »
I have moderated this thread to remove speculative and general comments about the possible maker(s) of the fake py weights. Such comments do not belong in this thread and in any event it is unwise to open discussions on that subject in a public message board without absolute certainty of facts.
KevinH

Offline pooleandpaperweights

• Members
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 09:27:28 AM »
Going by past fake PY weights isn't it worth about £200 - £250 anyway?  I would of thought there was a small profit in in anyway, so I just don't see why she doesn't list it as a fake?

Offline bigbri

• Members
    • knowledge
    • english lakes
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 10:20:34 AM »
hi kev.
its very odd to say the least that on a thread about a fake py paperweight that the site doesnt want mention of the fact that those who are to blame are those that made them not the poor buyers and dealers who dont know the difference and who dont deserved to be slated by those who do know the difference and who mostly know the culprits.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 12:06:05 PM »
The whole point is that the stuff mentioned comes under Scottish law - this means documentary evidence is required before any speculations can be discussed.
This does not exist.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline mjr

• Members
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 12:47:05 PM »
hi kev.
its very odd to say the least that on a thread about a fake py paperweight that the site doesnt want mention of the fact that those who are to blame are those that made them not the poor buyers and dealers who dont know the difference and who dont deserved to be slated by those who do know the difference and who mostly know the culprits.
Many people have ideas about who is responsible, and rumours circulate.  However without proof, then any comment on here is speculative and potentially libellous.   And whilst many buyers and dealers may have acquired such weights thinking they were genuine, the main topic of this thread is the current seller who, if they did not know previously, certainly now know the history of this weight and despite having it pointed out to them, continue to persevere with their erroneous description.   
Martin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand