No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart ! WMF ? or something else  (Read 5508 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
Re: Monart ! WMF ? or something else
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »
The link below shows a WMF Ikora bowl with the similar type finish ie orange bottom with orange stripes to top of bowl through the top colour (the top colour is different) with bubble inclusion throughout.
As an aside the vendor has dropped the price.
I have emailed the vendor re colours and provenance
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fine-German-WMF-Ikora-glass-bowl-c1930s-/330835986056?pt=UK_Art_Glass&hash=item4d075c8688
Gary

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 02:59:06 PM »
The stripes are very different though - those are great thick stripes - as is usually found on WMF. One the piece in question, they are remarkable by being so thin and delicate. Thanks for contacting the seller about the colours Gary!
Tthis is a bit of a mystery.
I'm still fairly sure the colours are wrong in the pics and that it is Monart - but I'm not going to threaten to eat any of my hats. I need them in this weather!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 06:41:48 PM »
Below is the message I sent to the vendor and the vendors reply.

Could you tell me if the images shown are true representations of the colours ie blue and orange, as some of the images it appears to be some red on the foot of the bowl.
You say this is a Monart bowl, I would like to ask what provenance do you have that could prove this is a Monart bowl.
Regards

Good evening,
this is a right orange colour.
Main proof is my experienced nose and much different glasses of Monart on the different sides on Internet. Unfortunately, the bowl is unmarked.
Thanks.
Regards.
Mod:<seller's named removed as a precaution>

Gary

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 09:17:19 PM »
The stripes are very different though - those are great thick stripes - as is usually found on WMF. One the piece in question, they are remarkable by being so thin and delicate.
Below are links to some WMF Ikora bowls with varying degrees of thickness of stripes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fine-German-WMF-Ikora-glass-bowl-c1930s-/330836071403?pt=UK_Art_Glass&hash=item4d075dd3eb

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fine-and-Large-German-WMF-Ikora-glass-bowl-c1930s-/330835990547?pt=UK_Art_Glass&hash=item4d075c9813

http://shop.strato.de/epages/61231908.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61231908/Products/7

I have no knowledge on what is the usual size of stripes in WMF Ikora glass, but as you can see Sue they did use stripes of varying sizes.
Gary

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 10:42:26 AM »
 :)
Some great sleuthing on WMF, Gary - thanks very much! You've turned up with some quite unusual pieces there.
The seller's answer isn't much use, is it? It was mostly the blue I was really concerned about.  ::)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 07:31:35 PM »
:)
Some great sleuthing on WMF, Gary - thanks very much! You've turned up with some quite unusual pieces there.
The seller's answer isn't much use, is it? It was mostly the blue I was really concerned about.  ::)
You are correct Sue the vendors reply was not very informative, especially re the provenance, quote from vendor "Main proof is my experienced nose and much different glasses of Monart on the different sides on Internet".
I looked up his ebay profile and in the last 5 years he has not sold any Monart or in fact very little glass of any type, though he has sold a few WMF Ikora pieces.
Since I have been looking thru WMF Ikora I have been much impressed with this type of glass and hope to add a piece to my glass collection sometime in near future.
Gary

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 07:41:19 PM »
Well, as a Monart collector, you do need an example of WMF - and a nice bit of Schnieder too. 
All great glass artists from the same sort of period, creating the fashions of the day.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 08:08:10 PM »
herrrhummm, can you just stick to Monart and Studio Glass you two...leaving the lovely 1930's other bits for me ;D

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 09:25:47 AM »
The vendor has dropped the B.I.N price once more.
herrrhummm, can you just stick to Monart and Studio Glass you two...leaving the lovely 1930's other bits for me ;D
Only if you leave the Monart for me  ;)
Gary

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 09:41:32 AM »
 ;D why of course.
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk