Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Frog Frog, Who made me?

(1/3) > >>

meegs:
Hello everyone,
despite trawling the net I am none the wiser to who made this figural flower frog of a frog. Where I have seen images it has been listed as maker unknown.
The frog has been made in a three part mold and appears to be sitting amongst water hyacinths and reeds (or maybe iris's). Its overall height is 18cm approx (14.5 from top of disc to top of frog) and the diameter is approx.  I haven't found any markings or numbers on it.
If any body recognises it and could add a picture of the bowl which he should sit in that would be super as the odd picture I have found on the net with this frog in a bowl I've felt that the bowl was not correct for this frog.
Cheers
meegs

rosecottagesales:
Hi there

Libochovice is the maker I believe

Cheers
Brenton

meegs:
Thank-you Brenton, do you know what the bowl this frog goes with looks like?
Cheers
meegs

rosecottagesales:
Hi again

Often seen this item sitting on the penguin's float bowl, but I do think there are other bowls for it, perhaps the one with the storks as shown in Pamela's website under the unknown section.

Cheers
Brenton

meegs:
Thanks Brenton,
I'll display the frog with a spare "Penguins Bowl" as it is neutral in theme.
Do you mean these storks? I like the idea of using the Storks swimming fish bowl however it does not fit the Frog frog as the diameter of the base of the storks (9 1/2cm approx) is much larger than that of the frog (6 1/2 cm approx) and the bowl has an inner lip to fit/secure the stork frog neatly inside.
.....I seem to be confusing myself with Inwald and Libochoive figural frogs at the moment
Time to retire for the evening!!!!
Cheers
meegs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version