No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: id request for cut vase  (Read 927 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
id request for cut vase
« on: December 17, 2012, 03:08:06 PM »
made me think of one or two British post war modernist designers - but having looked through the books probably not - the U.K. seems to have used this cross-hatching only very rarely, so my opinion more likely to be Czechslovakian.      Reasonably quality, with ground/polished rim, bevelled inside and out  -  ditto with the pontil depression, and a good refractive bright glass if possibly a little too acid polished on the cutting.        Nearly a centimetre thick in most areas  -  unfortunately, no mark that I can see - and remarkably free of cloudiness for a vase, although some base wear.              Height is about 7" - 180mm.
Pic 2 is taken through the centre of one flower, and looking at the flower on the other side.
Would be interested to hear if anyone agrees with my suggestion of Czech, and any thoughts on a possibly factory  -  thanks for looking. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
Re: id request for cut vase
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 04:53:47 PM »
Had a look through 'Art Deco To Post Modernism' can't see anything similar,is the colour true? that blue tinge reminds me of Stromberg,although the design doesn't,no help from me then ::) ::) ;D ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: id request for cut vase
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 08:58:31 AM »
thanks Keith  -  it's certainly very bright and white (so not old?) - but the blue tint is probably a combination of the black background, fluorescent lighting, and me tinkering in Picasa too much ;D      No blue when seen in the flesh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand