No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Decanter for ID. ??  (Read 1148 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Decanter for ID. ??
« on: December 24, 2012, 05:00:07 PM »
Hi, This is my last last one before Xmas  ;D I picked this decanter up. I originally thought Whitefriars as it has a Sea Green colour (its how my head works  ;D ) but could not see it in Whitefriars. I have seen a Scandinavian Decanter in the same shape but with a different style of stopper. The stopper in this is the same colour as the decanter but it is not an airtight fit and has a very slight amount of movement. It is around 14 inches (not exact) in height, it has a concave polished pontil  with some wear to the base. Any help appreciated. Pete

PS had to use flash to see the colour as any natural light is very grey with all this great weather we are having !!
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline kisslikeether

• Members
    • 20th Century Scandianvian
Re: Decanter for ID. ??
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 11:14:22 PM »
I'm sure I've seen one of these before described as Holmegaard but for the life of me I don't know where.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 09:40:27 AM »
 Up in the loft i have a set in clear glass with Orrefors labels the decanter being very similar.... i believe by Lindstrand , its a few years since i have seen it  i will dig it out later and have a look not quite sure if the stopper is the same . :-\ :-\ :-\  Santa missed me  :'( donations please  :-[

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 11:24:32 AM »
Just checked stopper on mine more like a suppositry  . hmmmm . :o
now you know why i am so grumpy . ;D ;)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 02:34:58 PM »
I saw one attributed to orrefors but I looked through a lot of sites etc and may be wrong. The one I saw was dated 1930's. Would be good to Id this piece. Don't know if I have seen a suppository stopper  ;D handy after crimbo dinner  ;D. Will continue searching.
Pete. :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand