No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Sorry, no pictures  (Read 1663 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Sorry, no pictures
« on: December 20, 2012, 04:30:29 PM »
Just on the off chance someone will know what I am talking about. I have seen a small paperweight that is a low dome shape about 2 inches across. It has what I  can describe as a 'honeycomb' of coloured canes that have clear centres. Very much like bee hive combs of individual coloured cells but without the inner colours of millifiore canes. No makers mark with a ground pontil. It is just sticking in my mind and wont go away. I will try to get it next time I am over that way. Am I alone in knowing what I mean  ;D   Pete
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline RAY

• Members
Re: Sorry, no pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 04:38:22 PM »
no idea .. but will take a guess and say chinese
cheers Ray

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 05:01:43 PM »
I should have mentioned, although it may mean nothing, that it was sat with a Caithness Spinnaker in blue, and a Monart piece. Not sure if they came in together ?? I will have to get it when I go in next just out of curiosity and put some pictures up.

Offline w84it

• Members
    • Oxford UK
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 05:04:13 PM »
Please please please tell me it's not a Perthshire bees, like the one that's just fetched $3500 at the latest Selman auction.   I've lusted after one for years!  Link to auction below.

http://www.selman.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/002499.3.6343438600611370200

Weightforit   -  mad about marbries, crowns and swirls ...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 06:47:24 PM »
Dont do that !! I burnt my fingers looking that up ;D ;D Sadly its not that. I went in today to look it over again. There are lines within the hexagon linking to a smaller hexagon in the centre by the angles. The base is roughly ground to a matt finish. Could be as Ray said...chinese. Looks to have some age though but not tempted to put my hand in my pocket yet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand