No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Cenedese Scavo or wishful thinking? - ID = Sergio Rossi, made in Murano  (Read 3776 times)

Offline horochar

• Members
This attractive scavo glass vase bears a paper label reading "Sarreid Ltd." and "Made in Italy," with a reference number. Sarreid is a high-end distributor of home decor and furniture items that has been in business for many decades.  I do not believe they actually manufacture anything themselves.  By some miracle, could it be a Cenedese piece?  I've found nothing comparable on the net, but it sure has the look and feel of a better piece.  I'm comfortable dating it to the 1970s or 1980s.  Any information would be appreciated.

Charles.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Cenedese Scavo or wishful thinking?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 10:35:45 PM »
It's not like any Cenedese scavo I've seen. Then again, it's not like Barbini either.  This will be an interesting one to watch aas it certainly is different.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 05:02:19 AM »
Charles, it is a scavo vase by Sergio Rossi, made in Murano. Definite ID.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline horochar

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 06:19:11 AM »
Thanks Anita. I'll have to learn more about this producer.  I've been collecting Murano glass for over a decade, and have never heard of them.

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 02:23:09 PM »
I had not, either. I had one of their pink calla lily vases like yours. I thought it was perhaps a piece of junk until I found a picture of a green one with a label. I still have the pictures of the green one -- not mine, so I can't include here. If you want to see the vase and label, just send an email and I'll send back some attached photos. I couldn't attach photos when I tried to send you an email from here.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand