No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need help identifying Italian stemware  (Read 2806 times)

Offline ascpdx

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • information
    • United States
Need help identifying Italian stemware
« on: December 24, 2012, 08:54:26 PM »
Hi there,

I was hoping someone could help me identify some stemware that were given to me. I'm planning on giving them to my mother, but I'd like as much information (because there wasn't much given to me).

Attached are four photos

The first shows all of the glasses that came in the box, the other three are more up close.

These were all in smaller boxes marked "made in Italy" but only the goblets had a label with style number (example 4/557) and a small certificate of guaranty inside. The one Cenedese is signed at the bottom and had a certificate about Simone Cenedese. There's no other markings.

I've attached a photo of the Cenedese with the etched signing on the bottom (see second photo)
The goblets came in two colors "orange" and "ruby red" (third photo is an example of the "orange optic goblet").
The fourth came with nothing. I don't know if something was lost along the way, or it's not really a murano glass. Not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Annie

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: Need help identifying stemware
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 04:58:10 PM »
welcome to gmb Annie!

Murano is not my field, i am afraid - but i wish to bump your query before it's gone down to second page  :)

hopefully others with knowledge regarding Murano will drop in and assist, good luck!
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Need help identifying stemware
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 04:34:13 PM »
I'm moving this to Murano and Italy as there are marks.. and someone there may be able to help.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: Need help identifying Italian stemware
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 04:43:33 AM »
Very nice glasses. I suspect the others are all from the same manufacturer. If it was me I would give the four that match (almost) and keep the cenendese separate for myself. Self centred I know but it strikes me as the best of the lot.

Others may know who made the other 4 but the Cenendese signature looks right although I have not seen a signature with Simone Cenedese before.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Need help identifying Italian stemware
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 01:05:39 AM »
Simone Cenedese has a website here: http://www.simonecenedese.it/site/en/azienda/ might be worth sending them a photo and asking about the signed one?
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand