No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID Assistance acid stained pitcher and glasses  (Read 1531 times)

Offline EricC

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • unknowledgable rookie
    • USA
ID Assistance acid stained pitcher and glasses
« on: December 27, 2012, 12:54:41 PM »
Greetings ,
   I am not a glass collector or hobbyist , but I'm hoping that some of you more knowledgable people might help me identify this type of glass.
My wife received a set of 4 glasses and a pitcher for Xmas , but the pitcher and one glass were broken in shipping. She loves the pattern, so I'm trying to locate replacement pieces.
  Thanks for whatever help anyone can provide !

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: ID Assistance ?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 01:54:45 PM »
Hi Eric - welcome to the glass message board. Hope you had a nice Xmas?
Your glasses have been acid stained, which is a process widely used in Israel, in Romania and on a smaller scale in the US. Most manufacturers in Israel use cheap factory glass from Bormioli in Italy or from Arques in France.
Names to run through Google Image:
Ilanit
Nahariya
Reuven

A tip: next time you post a picture try and get the whole glass in the frame, not just a detail. For most glasses people will want to see the underside as well, and sometime the edge.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 07:06:57 PM »
Hello Eric,  I have done a little search and it looks as though Ivo is probably spot on with Ilanit Olemtov Jerusalem.  There was a decanter and tumbler set on Etsy which is no-longer on their 'for sale' list but can be seen on Google if you put in Ilanit Glass.  It might be worth contacting them to see if the set was sold, and if not, they might contact the seller to ask if they would relist it.
Although Ivo has mentioned that it is cheap glass imported from Italy or France,  bear in mind that the value of a made piece is in the pocessing and handwork applied after the glass is melted down, and many of these pieces are quite pricey.
Keep a look out on eBay as well and it could also be worth you contacting the glassworks if possible.
It would still be helpful for us to see a photo of the full shape of the glass and also the pitcher if we are to look out for replacements for you....if they are available,  someone here will spot it!!
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 08:46:07 PM »
See if this is close. Frankly if it is Reuven its pretty cheap to replace in the U.S. as its not terribly popular...just keep checking eBay. I've seen entire sets go for under $50 (pitcher & glasses).  If you go on etsy.com you can find two pitchers for $18 each.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Israeli-art-glass-pitcher-in-satin-purple-hues-Reuven-/221161642862?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337e42db6e

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand