No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vtg. icy texture pedestal tumblers - like Whitefriars' Glacier series but aren't  (Read 1192 times)

Offline mtmandar

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass, pottery
    • canada
I was asked to post my items one at a time - so I'm reposting this one alone - sorry about  that..  ;)

Looks like the glacier/everest series from Whitefriars, but not really. Pedestal tumbler - 6" tall x 2 5/8" top diameter and an icy/glacier/bark texture.  Three mold lines go all the way to the base.  They are very heavy, and the middle of the stem has no texture - just the round base, base's rim, and the entire top part.

Exhaustive search online through many glass makers turned up nothing - not even one example - I've tried inputting every single texture name in the book - nothing... any help would be much appreciated.  :)

-m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Perhaps it was sold as a bud vase, they won't have been sold in sets of six then. Can we have photos of the base and rim please?

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline mtmandar

• Members
    • glass, pottery
    • canada
Sure John - I'm including 2 more photos - anything to help with an id.  Perhaps they were sold as vases - but I bought 4 at once - doesn't mean anything I guess - could be 4 bud vases...

Thanks alot for your help btw.  ;)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer, we need photos showing the underside of the base and another showing the top rim from above (usually at a bit of an angle works ok). 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline mtmandar

• Members
    • glass, pottery
    • canada
Oh - okay, here is a pic of the bottom of the base.  (I'll have to take a shot of the top rim and put it up later.... - hope this helps in the meantime).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand