No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Shipping Help for Brockwitz cockatoo centerpiece and bowl  (Read 11940 times)

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
Re: Shipping Help for Brockwitz cockatoo centerpiece and bowl
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2013, 01:11:08 PM »
While i remember while i was at a fair at Lincolnshire i bought a couple of large Brockwitz bowls and a couple of smaller items and i got a packing firm at the fair to pack called Robinsons ,they did a very good job , bubble wrap then foam rubber then a box then bubble wrap and more foam rubber inside another box the old double box trick ,i took it to post office where we stayed in Kensington and posted from local post office by Royal mail , it beat us home took only 7 days ,Thanks REX

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline John Smith

• Members
    • glass
    • England
Re: Shipping Help for Brockwitz cockatoo centerpiece and bowl
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2013, 02:44:56 PM »
... I agree about the price. If you intend to sell it by auction then set a reserve, and just as REX & Theresa suggest, should it not sell then keep it. Its value is not destined to diminish and there are many collectors who would wish this piece. The bowls themselves are often seen, the cockatoo's less so, and as for the sets?
I have not seen one being offered online in blue glass for as long as I can remember. 

Blimey! One would think that ANY package would be insured against LOSS subject of course to having the item Recorded or whatever. I totally agree, "LOSS" should be the responsibilty of ANY courier! Damage is one thing, but if a courier cannot carry without losing, then perhaps they should consider a change of career? lol

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand