No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mats Jonasson  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Lana

• Members
Mats Jonasson
« on: January 10, 2013, 05:51:22 AM »
Help!  I came across a Mats Jonasson paperweight of a rabbit, signed "Mats Jonasson Sweden 3281".

I'm having trouble locating exactly when it was made.  I have found identical ones on Ebay and other places, but they are marked "33281".

The sticker is off mine and only the residue remains, so I'm in the dark.  All help gratefully received.

Offline kisslikeether

• Members
    • 20th Century Scandianvian
Re: Mats Jonasson
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 08:58:10 AM »
Dating Mats Jonasson is difficult as the models are often produced over long time periods, 33281 is still listed as in production & is shown in the 2009 catalogue as a current piece but as to when it was introduced I don't know: http://www.matsjonasson.com/CM.php?PageID=85421&page=&prod=5

Offline Lana

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 11:02:40 AM »
Thanks, and yep, that looks exactly like mine.  I haven't been able to get a photo of mine yet, but that's definitely it, except for my missing additional "3".   I got mine for $1 in an op shop and I'd have hated to pay the original asking price, so I'm feeling good about it, but I'd still like to know why the difference?

I've been attracted to Scandinavian glass for a while now and often buy something on spec and when I get home and put on my glasses or get out a magnifying glass I find out it's Scandi again. 

Offline kisslikeether

• Members
    • 20th Century Scandianvian
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 01:10:18 PM »
Perhaps the missing 3 indicates earlier rather than later production but as to how early that's anyones guess....

Offline Lana

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 10:02:25 PM »
Thanks, I was wondering if it was because of a different manufacturer?  Målerås or Royal Krona or someone else?

Offline NMott

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 10:40:24 PM »
Probably simply an error which resulted in the 3 being missed off when the numbers were applied to the item.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand