Author Topic: footed paperweight id?  (Read 317 times)

Offline sussexglass

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • paperweights
    • u.k.
footed paperweight id?
« on: January 09, 2013, 09:43:05 PM »
hello, been a while since i logged in.  i'm asking for help in identifying this large footed pw that i have aquired recently. its just under 4 inches diam. 2 1/4 high.  has ridges on base and broken potil. some wear to outer ring. the very top of dome feels a bit uneven. seems to have a red tinted surround to central cane of the unprecise setup. too sloppy and canes not cut underneath for richardson? appreciated any comments. thank you

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
Re: footed paperweight id?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 10:20:16 PM »

Hi.  I too think your paperweight is Old English. It is a rather untidy example,and the canes do not immediately indicate a manufacturer; I agree that they do not look like typical Richardson canes, but I would not totally discard that possibility. That said, I suspect it is one of the 'unknown' English makers.

Alan.
Alan
The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton. Please feel free to contact me direct if you do not agree with my comments and do not wish to make your concerns known by posting in this thread.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

Offline sussexglass

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • paperweights
    • u.k.
Re: footed paperweight id?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 08:42:32 PM »
thanks alan,   i suppose it will have go into that large space known as unidentified old english pwts. then. regards

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words
Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com