No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need Help Identifying a old Elegant Cut polished Yellow Glass Decanter  (Read 671 times)

Offline skyem8836

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • vintage glass all kinds
    • USA
Iam new to the Site please be patient. I have a gorgeous Yellow glass cut decanter with Hand cut/etched work I believe to be a coat of arms. It has a polished pontil. There are 3 applied notched rings on the neck. The stopper matches the notched rings on the decanter and has the same pattern. I have had Steuben, Tiffany, Stevens and Williams, Heisey, ANd BLenko. I know it is NOT a Blenko Quality glass It is More on the lines Of Steuben Or THomas Webb. I have researched to no avail. PLease Help. I have tried to attach pics and it says they are too large. Maybe I can email someone some photos.
Glass lover

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Need Help Identifying a old Elegant Cut polished Yellow Glass Decanter
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 04:56:11 PM »
hi welcome to the GMB :)

without any reduction in size, pictures taken with a standard digital camera will not upload - the maximum size acceptable here will be with a first dimension of 700 pixels.          Assume you are taking pix with a camera and not a phone?

We have various helpful hints on the opening page of the GMB with instructions of how to re-size pix  -  you can send me one if you like and I'll try to resize for you and post.
There are free to down-load programmes on the internet - such as IrfanView, which is reliable and easy to use - allowing variable re-sizing, and if I can use such things then am sure anyone can. :)

Yellow decanters are uncommon - have you checked to see if yours is uranium glass  -  which will glow in the presence of ultra violet light?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Need Help Identifying a old Elegant Cut polished Yellow Glass Decanter
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 09:46:39 PM »
If you'd like to email me the images I'll resize and add them to your post for you. glassmessages.tsm@outlook.com will reach me just fine.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand