No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large green flash cut vase bohemian?english? minefield any ideas please??  (Read 989 times)

Offline glasskillian

• Members
    • england
I have this large green flash cut vase 11" tall 6"wide at rim 2.6kg weight and a 16 star cut base.
Im wondering if its possible to tell from the pattern which looks vaguely like pineapple's if its english or other, The cutting is nice and crisp obviously of resonable quality with some age as the base has good amounts of wear the star cut base comes right to the edge of the vase any views happy to receive

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
It looks so crisp that I would almost suspect that it is another product from Ajka in Hungary. Ajka is the only remaining special factory for cut-to-clear glass and produces in commission for everyone else.

http://ajka-crystal.hu/en/gallery

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glasskillian

• Members
    • england
Thanks ivo some nice glass on the link ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Fuhrman Glass

• Glass Professional
  • Members
Crystalex, Novy Bor, was doing a lot of this work when i was there 15-20 years ago, but I don't recall seeing the green, lots of red and blue.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand