No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Holmegaard 'Kluk Kluk' Decanter help  (Read 3551 times)

Offline Pearly

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Australia
Holmegaard 'Kluk Kluk' Decanter help
« on: January 14, 2013, 02:01:40 PM »
Hey,

First time posting here, so go easy on me! I've just bought a glass decanter off of eBay (simply because it looked nice), and now am looking to do some research on it. The listing named it a "very hard to find" double-twist version of the regular Kluk Kluk decanter, but I've been unable to find any other pictures of it on the internet. The label is a 70s era Holmegaard label with the number "281" on it--no idea what that means.

If anyone would be so kind as to take a peek at the listing (I haven't got the decanter yet!) and help me out here, I would be very appreciative :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181057325362

Thanks kindly

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Holmegaard 'Kluk Kluk' Decanter help
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 05:22:42 PM »
It's a 'Gourgelette' decanter from Michael Bang's 'Snapse Doctor' series, designed 1974.

The label number '281' means it was manufactured in the 2nd quarter of 1981. I think it was in production until at least the late 1980s, possibly into the 90s.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 11:11:00 PM »
Hello Pearly, welcome to the Glass Message Board, and thank you for sharing this beautiful find with us. 
I have a couple of 'ordinary' Gluk Gluk bottles, but have never seen one like this.

Nic,  you always seem to have the answer to the tricky pieces, we learn so much from you... Pearly is lucky you were able to identify this so quickly. 

A really cleverly made glass decanter that will surely be a conversation piece at many a gathering.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Pearly

• Members
    • Australia
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 11:20:57 PM »
Thanks you two! That was definitely a speedy reply :P Given how long it was produced for, then, you'd say it's probably worth what I paid for it? (I'm not sure how much you can see, but I ended up paying $35.00 + $20 P+P (AUD)

Not that that matters--it's a lovely piece of glass and I can't wait for it to arrive on my doorstep :D

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 11:32:51 PM »
Nic,  you always seem to have the answer to the tricky pieces, we learn so much from you... Pearly is lucky you were able to identify this so quickly.

I had a head-start on this one - I've owned one before.  ;D

Given how long it was produced for, then, you'd say it's probably worth what I paid for it? (I'm not sure how much you can see, but I ended up paying $35.00 + $20 P+P (AUD)

Although they had quite a long production time, they don't come up very often. I'm not sure if the production numbers were low, or if people just tended to keep them once they had them.

I sold mine a couple of years back to another glass dealer for £70 (or a little over $100 AUD). So what you paid was pretty good, I'd say.

Offline Pearly

• Members
    • Australia
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 12:20:53 AM »
I sold mine a couple of years back to another glass dealer for £70 (or a little over $100 AUD). So what you paid was pretty good, I'd say.

Wow :) That's great news. So I got a lovely decanter and a nice bargain on the side. Thanks for all your help :)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 09:20:05 PM »
Pearly, welcome to the board. :)  I've not seen this twisty one either, how fascinating! Mine's just the commonly seen straight one, but I do love kluk-kluks, they are such fun!
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 06:40:28 AM »
What a lovely decanter.  I can tell you you would have had to pay considerably more if I had seen it.  I love modern Holmegaard.

Peter Harder has two others shown including a three layered one with a UNIK(One off) signature yoou can look up

http://www.hardernet.dk/Image_DGM/Foto_GLAS/Snapse_Doctor-Gourgelette_dobbelt_snoet-H28,8-D4,8-10,4-Vnr._3313901_703313901-Michael_Bang_KHG_HG_1974-7733.jpg if you want to see about yours.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand