No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass Skyscraper for interest and any info you can give. ID = Nachtmann (maker)  (Read 4191 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Re: Glass Skyscraper for your interest? and any info you can give please.
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 07:52:38 PM »
Can I throw Singapore into the mix. Think we might be looking for the impossible but it would be great to see it worked out.
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: Glass Skyscraper for your interest? and any info you can give please.
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 05:21:23 PM »
Good news and bad news.....

Alibaba did answer my email and said it was not one of the pieces that they make, and only sell in minimum lots of 500 to companies for promotional givaways.  I think they thought I was asking to buy one more!! So they were good enough to answer and I am now plagued with emails about all their promotional goods!!

Nachtmann have just answered  my email with the news that it was one of theirs,  but the molds were broken ages ago as the product was discontinued. The contact was Michael Meier should any of you ever wish to ask Nachtmann a question about their glass.

So I now know who made it,  but not why it was made or if it was a fantasy piece.  But I do know that it is relatively old and will be quite rare, and so I am satisfied with that...  for now.

Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand