Author Topic: unknown uranium stick- ID = Renate by Ankerglas Bernsdorf  (Read 549 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
unknown uranium stick- ID = Renate by Ankerglas Bernsdorf
« on: January 17, 2013, 08:05:21 PM »
I did look on Pamela's Trinket site, but don't believe this is showing there.         A very unassuming and rather plain looking stick, and not my area at all, but am sure someone will recognize quickly.         Just in case it's deadly rare ;)           It does glow by the way, and thanks for looking.

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
Re: unknown uranium stick for id please.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 10:30:49 PM »
Ankerglas Bernsdorf, Germany. The pattern is Renate. Some pieces shown in their 1937/8 Musterbuch.

Photos attached of candlesticks with tray, lidded pots, ringholder, and perfume flasks.

Not rare, but not exactly common either - 3 sets on eBay in the last year (two in green uranium glass and one in amber glass).

(Permission for the re-use of the second image on GMB granted by junkshopantiques).

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: unknown uranium stick for id please.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 08:57:54 AM »
many thanks for your reply.             When all the pieces are together it looks attractive, and the tray looks most unusual with that shape.
If I manage to get to B'ham in the coming months I'll include it with some other bits and pieces for the 'glasstrinketsets' collection :)

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com