No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Did Holmegaard do the lotus candle holder in green?  (Read 2642 times)

Offline foreversearching

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass, ceramics
    • england uk
Did Holmegaard do the lotus candle holder in green?
« on: December 06, 2012, 12:52:16 AM »
Hello just a quick query i can see alot of holmegaard/royal copehagen lotus candleholders in flint clear glass but i seem to have one in green is this right?? Photos attached

Thankyou

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Did Holmegaard do the lotus candle holder in green?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 06:57:19 AM »
The Lotus has been compromised because they licensed production to an Italian company who made hundreds of thousands of them. In Holland they served as premiums in the largest supermarket chain and as a result, there is not a fleemarket free of Lotuses (or Loti?) - often complete with the "made in Italy" box.  I would expect them to have used green as well.
The difference between a Holmegaard and and an Italian cannot be seen.

Offline kisslikeether

• Members
    • 20th Century Scandianvian
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 09:18:36 AM »
I came across a couple of Lime Green ones in an antiques centre & the other noticeble difference was that their bases were indented where my 19 yr old Holmegaard one isn't.

Offline foreversearching

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass, ceramics
    • england uk
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 12:22:35 AM »
Was loooking at some uranium glass under a black light bulb and happened to have this near randomly put it under and it glows bright blue? Any idea the mineral that makes it change from green to bright blue under uv

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 10:38:21 AM »
It seems to be spreading across eBay that this is now by Venini, who bought the design from Holmegaard.  ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand