No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: lid and bowl a marriage?  (Read 6027 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: lid and bowl a marriage?
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 07:18:49 PM »
 :24:
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 03:06:07 PM »
I believe that I have purchased the powder bowl (on eBay) in question and I can be certain that it is a marriage. The lid is to small for the bowl and though the green is the same colour the density of green between the bowl and lid is very noticeable, as shown in image 1.
I went in dispute thru eBay as the vendor, wrongly described the lid and bowl as being originally together and he did not mention small bruise to applied foot.
The outcome, within two hours of submitting my claim, I was offered my original claim of a 50% discount.
The second and third images show the difference between a post and pre war OB shape powder bowls.
The pink one has a post war Monart label OB 1X.
Gary

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 03:36:40 PM »
lol if I knew anyone on here was bidding I could have said it was the marriage bowl, ive seen this bowl several times now over the years and have had arguments with its previous owners on ebay about it being a mismatch , I did see it appear yet again on ebay but choose just to ignore it and never looked at the listing again , I would have thought it was obvious just by the pictures on ebay that the lid didn't fit and im sure it mentioned in the listing it was very slack , oh well at least its the last we see of it on ebay I hope
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 08:27:02 PM »
The term the vendor used " loose fit " which is a bit if an understatement, there is some sticky residue on the underside of lid which was an attempt to stop the lid rattling about.
In saying that it displays well enough and for £26. No Gary you wont see it on eBay again, though anything but perfect I will keep it in the vain hope of getting a better marriage of pieces.
Gary

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 08:49:36 PM »
well worth 26 quid regardless, but the good news is we wont see it again on ebay etc for sale, wish id had known you were bidding would have warned you , I just assumed everyone would have known lol, oh well its worked out ok for ya
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2014, 10:00:14 PM »
For that price I would be quite happy to have it in my collection  :D

Roberta
Roberta

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia