No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Can anyone help me identify my glass bowl and stand please?  (Read 770 times)

Offline AngieG

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Identifying my glass bowl
    • United kingdom
Can anyone help me identify my glass bowl and stand please?
« on: April 27, 2013, 03:52:34 PM »
Hi we have inherited a pink glass bowl and stand it was my great grandmothers (or could be her mothers) and my nan kept her fruit in it!  It is pink glass with fish around the rim and 2 fish one each side.  It has a black opaque glass stand.  My mum thinks she was told as a child it was a shrimp dish. We cannot find any markings & so as if any of you have any ideas please?
I have got photos but I can't load them at the moment as I need to resize them

Thank you
Angie

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glasskillian

• Members
    • england
Re: Can anyone help me identify my glass bowl and stand please?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 04:03:46 PM »
 ;D
without the pictures its hard but sounds like either bagley marine or walther fische pattrn bowlls on black glass plinths im often wrong but worth googing them, Pictures would be nicer still im sure you would get an id preety fast...
Welcome to the board  ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand