No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Deco theme on midcentury (ish) type glass cipher signature  (Read 1410 times)

Offline azelismia

• Members
    • The Gilded Curio; a personal collection
Deco theme on midcentury (ish) type glass cipher signature
« on: January 21, 2013, 07:05:03 AM »
I bought this mostly because it was unusual  and cheap and sometimes that can pay off..(and sometimes it doesn't.) the shape reminds me of the type of glass you see a lot of here so I am hopeful that maybe someone here has more of a clue than I do as to who might have created this vase

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/WZtJRU1zeBb7tiHzEvoLa_iepaC6HmOqHRqF2S98L-U?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/wbb2sMxYuDnOeBrv3AWyEfiepaC6HmOqHRqF2S98L-U?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/SPzh3w1TUZl3Lapk_QJVl_iepaC6HmOqHRqF2S98L-U?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_GHffepr3HeNEcvIlq7Ob_iepaC6HmOqHRqF2S98L-U?feat=directlink

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Deco theme on midcentury (ish) type glass cipher signature
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 08:05:47 AM »
Unusual and effective - I like the decor :)
is it possible for you to upload your pictures directly to the board please otherwise the info becomes useless once the pictures disappear as there is no reference :) many thanks.
Is your second shot a picture of the base of the vase?  it's difficult to tell whether it has a 'bird bath' or indented base or whether it is just smoothly moulded straight across  :-\
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline azelismia

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:11:55 AM »
the second pic is the base and I think it's flat but I don't have it yet. I never upload things directly to the site because there is too much fuss iwht size.

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 11:42:35 AM »
Hi, it looks a lot like a Sklo Union Czech vase that has been decorated, probably by someone with the initials KL. If it is Sklo Union, there are several collectors here who may be able to confirm the design and date of design, which will give you a broad window for the decorator. I have never seen Sklo Union decorated like this!

Robert (bOBA)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 11:53:00 AM »
Robert is certainly right, the vase itself was designed by Rudolf Jurnikl in 1963 >> Link
No idea about the decoration, never saw anything similar on a Sklo Union vase; maybe some amateur's work? (It doesn't really enhance the design IMHO ;) )

BTW, it would be great if you could go through the fuzz of resizing the images in order to add them to the board -.-
It is really not that difficult once you have found the way which suits you best.
There are already too many useless threads here where the pics have vanished...

Michael

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 12:16:18 PM »
BTW, it would be great if you could go through the fuzz of resizing the images in order to add them to the board

When you have your own pictures of the item of course...

Offline azelismia

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 10:23:04 PM »
ugh not mine any more. they tried to charge me 60 dollars shipping.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand