No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help with glass ID please  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Buttakup

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Art glass
    • Uk
Help with glass ID please
« on: January 23, 2013, 04:20:18 PM »
Hi all,
Newbie here.
I have some glass I would love some more info on, if anyone can help me.
I'm pretty sure the vase is Magnors, but can't find any info on the other two items.
Am having a bit of a clear out at the mo and putting some bits on ebay. Would be nice to have the correct desciption at least.
Many thanks
B

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Help with glass ID please
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 10:11:33 PM »
Hi Buttakup, welcome to the Board.

Please create a separate thread for individual items as otherwise it gets very confusing if there are several responses for each item all mixed up.

If you can create separate threads for the two additional items in this message, one of the moderators (maybe me!) can remove the unnecessary ones from this thread.

Also, please try to create a more meaningful title for each one as a simple "please help" may not attract attention.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline cubby01

• Members
    • central USA
    • VintagePursuits
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 02:52:15 AM »
I'm in the US and have seen similar decantors to yours, with the textured circular center area with concentric rings... in blue, green, and amber and had assumed they were US made.  Here's a completed ebay listing of one similar to your decanter that claims to be Wheatonware (of one of the Wheaton glass companies in Wheaton, New Jersey, USA).  The one in the link has an embossed eagle on one side, a simple change to the molds.  (I'm somewhat skeptical of ebay attributions unless they can be backed up.)
 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheatonware-Embossed-With-Eagle-Green-Glass-Wine-Decanter-And-Stopper-/261103225780?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D261103225780%26_rdc%3D1&nma=true&si=PVFzhhAD%252FoNG7BfaMQe03MdFD70%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Pithy sig withheld

Site in progress: http://www.vintagepursuits.com/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Buttakup

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Art glass
    • Uk
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 08:38:01 AM »
KevinH,many thanks. Will do that right now!

cubby01,
That's fantastic,thanks very much.
Was sure it was Scandinavian.
Thanks again

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand