No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help Required: ID : Ditchfield Glasform  (Read 3041 times)

Offline carol in the dulwich

• Members
Help Required: ID : Ditchfield Glasform
« on: April 17, 2006, 03:48:00 PM »
Just found this item while clearing my shed is round about 4inches in diameter and flat it glass with a blue and greenish colour on the top are what look like little lily pads and a small silver frog, can you tell me who made this and about what date, it's probably been in the shed 10years.
Thanks

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 03:56:51 PM »
Oooh sounds a little John Ditchfield like :P ?  Can you post a pic. perhaps on the paperweight thread where they will be able to help you.
Anne E.B

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 04:21:19 PM »
Anne E.B.
Went to site John Ditchfield as suggested and find it is the same as on there, so thanks for the advice, don't know the value but it's a nice object to keep.

Offline Morgan48

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 07:01:36 PM »
Hi Carol

I'm not altogether sure that Ditchfield has been making these for as long as 10 years... anyone else able to enlighten on that.... also Ditchfield is invariably signed.. does yours have any marks at all.
Ditchfield ones are currently changing hands between about £70 to £130

Regards

Gareth

Morgan48

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 07:07:48 AM »
On the bottom looks like glasform, no other marks I can see, it could be up to eight/ten years that it has been in the shed with lots of tea-pots fthat I used to collect , my husband said it came from Harrods and was a gift from an a friend of his.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 09:11:25 AM »
Carol, Glasform is the name of the glassworks run by John Ditchfield. It was started in 1982, and to begin with, every piece was signed and numbered. Then these paperweights with silver things on started fetching big prices on collectables programs on tv, so production of them increased.

Carol and Gareth, I think since Glasform went mad making paperweights with silver things on, John Ditchfield stopped signing and numbering each piece individually.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand